We are very sorry that due to the present Covid-19 Pandemic
we are unable to open the Hall to visitors for the foreseeable future.
However, we are hopeful that the situation will resolve in
time to rescue at least part of the Summer Open House Season and our planned
events. All being well, we will also be open for pre-booked coach parties
throughout the Winter months, and as in previous years, the Hall will be
decorated for Christmas from 1st November.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Leighton once this
challenging period is behind us.
- A visit to Leighton Hall can become a part of your ongoing school project
- Re-enforce knowledge of what has been learnt in different subject areas and bring classroom learning to life.
- Our guides are happy to aid your class’s learning, but we’ll leave the teaching to you!
- Leighton Hall definitely isn't a stuffy, boring house. It's a place where history, science, geography and lots of other subjects come to life, thanks to our entertaining, interactive and child friendly guides!
- Three themed packages have been developed for children's groups and all are geared towards the KS1 and KS2.
- Leighton Hall has been assessed by LEA Risk Assessment Team and passed as a "Category A" site.
- This section is packed with teachers' notes, worksheets and ideas to help you get the most from your visit to Leighton.
- A full risk assessment for you to print off.
Now, from just £4.50 per child, groups can choose from the new and updated Upstairs/Downstairs, Houses & Homes and Countryside Classroom- Within each themed package, there are lots of opportunities to focus on areas of particular interest to your children. Please note Countryside Classroom is self guided.
|Upstairs Downstairs (Guided)|
|A wonderful chance to explore what life was life for Victorian Children. Discover the contrast between life of the Gillow children upstairs and the many families who worked below stairs and throughout the estate. The Victorians come to life through role – playing, our funny stories and through antique household items which the children are encouraged to touch and feel.|
|House and Homes (Guided)|
|Comparing homes throughout the ages, by identifying how this home has changed over time. Looking at why buildings look the way they are and understanding what different buildings are used for.|
|Countryside Classroom (Self Guided / Teacher Led)|
A series of outdoor trials of Leighton’s estate which include garden, woodland and field habitats. Field sketching and making aboriginal map sticks are just two of the activities on offer on these outdoor trails. Choose from Science and Nature, Geography or Literacy.
All trails enable children to see life cycles and life process in action.
The Countryside Classroom is self guided with clear visual boards to guide and inform along the way. Outdoor clothing and suitable footwear are essential.
- Entrance per child to the hall is from £4.50.
- Teachers have free places on a ratio of 1 adult to 10 children (Any additional adults are charged at the children's reduced rate).
- School groups must be booked in advance.
- Coach parking is free.
- Picnic Areas available inside and outside
- Each Package includes the Grounds and the Spectacular Birds of Prey flown at 1pm for School Groups during May - September.